Sunday, May 31, 2009

Record One Channel While Watching Another Dtv

One thing at a time

I flip.

Neither negative nor positive. Just flip.

Yesterday I was eating with the news and there was an article on the Book Fair is here in Madrid. They said the usual: a lot of people, there are many books, there are many authors ... what of all ages.

However, this time I noticed that one child commented that about nine years had written a story. Chachi, I told myself while I was dying of envy. Made a report to the happy parents, who, pleased, pointing out that her baby was a feat, which devoured all the books that fell into their hands, and said full of pride, that only six years old, the small was read the Lord of the Rings .

Here and themselves that I was dying of envy. Not the slightest.

How

can a child of six years to read the Lord of the Rings ?

is something that I can not explain. I guess because I am a staunch advocate that each book has its age. I also had six years. I also was one of those devouring books (and still am, proud of it). But I read the Lord of the Rings when I became bigger, because the six years is to read the Blue Series Steam Boat, Manolito books Gafotas , Coleta the Poet , Macaroni Tales and Stories in Verse Wicked Child .

I firmly believe that everyone can read what you want at the age you want, but do not think a boy of six years can understand the whole plot of Lord of the Rings , or patience to do so. My little cousin has caught nine Eragon. At the same time I gave the first of Manolito, and soon left abandoned Eragon.

Each thing has its age. I would not be who I am without Manolito without The Silver Curlew. I grew up while they did Artemis Fowl and Harry Potter. There are hundreds of books that have made me who loves reading and is capable of falling in love with Jane Austen and Stephenie Meyer to be scared of Stephen King and Joe Hill, to lose myself crazy with Terry Partchett worlds, or more serious Laura Gallego; to appreciate the theater Zorrilla, Buero Vallejo and Valle-Inclán, and irony with Christopher Moore; encogérseme the heart with the poetry of Lorca or Becquer; be unable to release the book and need to continue reading Stieg Larsson.

That's what I believe. And I firmly believe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment